Schedule 1 Application

We are a dynamic team of expert Family & Divorce Lawyers committed to delivering results for our clients not hours on a time sheet. Our groundbreaking innovative fee structure and stage by stage process enables our lawyers to focus on you and your family getting you the results you need whilst giving you peace of mind of knowing exactly what your legal costs are going to be.
Talk to an expert

Book a Case Discovery Meeting

With a solicitor, call us now on:
0330 175 7600
Please note that we cannot offer Legal aid.

Why Choose Perduco Law?

We Specialise In Unmarried Couples & Cohabitation Law

Perduco Law specialises in Unmarried Couples & Cohabitation Law. All of our solicitors have in depth experience in dealing with Divorce, Financial Settlements in Divorce, Child Arrangements and Domestic Abuse issues in both simple and highly complex cases.

We work on a fixed fee billing model not on hourly rates

At Perduco Law, we charge our clients a one time fixed fee, which clients can spread over 12 months interests free. This enables our clients to know exactly what they’re going to pay and what they paying for from onset of their case, get rid off the stage. This guarantees that you won’t waste legal fees with no good outcome as it happens with traditional hourly rates firms. View our fees

We speak to you in a Language you will understand

From the moment you call us, you will see the difference in how we communicate with our clients – in easy to understand terms without all of the legal jargon. We pride ourselves in how we break everything down for our clients in both the process and the costs so you know exactly where you stand.

We Stand Out from the Crowd

We are a new breed of law firm created for one reason; to simplify the legal process and charge you a fair and transparent outcome based price. From the outset, we will tell you what is going to happen, stage by stage, how we are going to progress and resolve your case and what we are going to charge you for doing so. Our solicitors are targeted to resolve your case, not to bill hours.

We Care

All of our team are passionate about what they do, and are there to support you throughout what are normally incredibly difficult circumstances for our clients. We are here to guide you and resolve your matter. We are not focused on hours – instead, we are focused on achieving the best outcome for you and your family.

What is a Schedule 1 Application?

Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989 entitles a parent or legal guardian of a child to apply to court for an Order that resolves this situation.

The court is able to issue an order that makes financial provision for the affected children.

Schedule 1 applications are not limited in their use to unmarried couples. However, because they represent the most straightforward legal recourse for parents who are not married, they are most often used in this way.

Make a confidential enquiry

What types of Orders can the court make?

The court can make the following types of orders:

  • School fees or vocational course fees for the child; 
  • Financial orders for the purposes of meeting some or all of any expenses attributable to the child’s disability;
  • Top-up orders if the non-resident parent’s income exceeds the maximum threshold calculated by the Child Maintenance Service when making their assessment and further funds are needed to meet the needs of the child.   

How will the court decide whether or not to make a Schedule 1 order? 

When deciding whether or not to make an Order, the court will look at all of the circumstances of the case.  The court will have particular regard for: 

  • The financial status of each parent; 
  • The health status of the child; 
  • A child’s educational and training status; 
  • The financial and other basic requirements of the child;
  • The financial obligations presently imposed on the child; and   
  • The financial status of the child if they are earning.  

Get help with making a Schedule 1 Application

Unmarried parents do not automatically inherit the same legal rights and entitlements of married parents, when they divorce. This can create additional administrative tasks and court filings that arrive at an already stressful timer.

Perduco Law is able to manage your court applications to ensure that your children are well catered for, and you are not left to shoulder the cost burden of your family alone.

Our Simple Process
unmarried-couples-separation Vary or discharge child arrangement order Order for Disclosure of a Child's Whereabouts Grandparents Rights Dissolution of Civil Partnerships
unmarried-couples-separation Order for Disclosure of a Child's Whereabouts Dissolution of Civil Partnerships Varying or Discharging a Divorce Financial Order Occupation Orders TOLATA Applications
unmarried-couples-separation Dissolution of Civil Partnerships Varying or Discharging a Divorce Financial Order Occupation Orders TOLATA Applications

“The advice and turnaround time provided was excellent.”

Take a look at what our clients say:

Questions about our Family Law Services

We charge a fixed fee for our service. That means you know exactly what you’re going to pay before starting the process, regardless of how long it lasts. Furthermore, we are a firm of regulated solicitors (regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority) meaning there are more protections for you as our client.

Your dedicated caseworker will do all the legal legwork for the full duration of your case. We will keep you informed of any changes and advise you on the next steps to ensure there are no surprises.

We offer a fixed-fee service to safeguard you from the mounting hourly fees that a traditional legal firm may surprise you with. We also believe it promotes a transparent relationship between our team and you, the client.

Yes. You are able to apply for financial assistance for the sole benefit of the child by making a Schedule 1 application if: 

  • The child is living with you and is under the age of 18; and 
  • You are living in England or Wales.  

Yes. The paying parent does not need to live in England and any Order made against them is likely to be enforceable irrespective of where they live.   

For personalised legal assistance

Perduco Law will provide expert advice and case management for a fixed fee.