Child Law

At Perduco, our aim is to protect the best interest of your child. We consider their rights, well-being and safety above all else, while addressing the specific dispute or legal matter with sensitivity and care.

Talk to an expert

Book a Case Discovery Meeting

With a solicitor, call us now on:

0330 175 7600

Please note that we cannot offer Legal aid.

Why Choose Perduco Law?

We Specialise In Child Law and Access Rights

Perduco Law specialises in Children & Family Law. All of our solicitors have in depth experience in dealing with Divorce, Financial Settlements in Divorce, Child Arrangements and Domestic Abuse issues in both simple and highly complex cases.

We work on a fixed fee billing model not on hourly rates

At Perduco Law, we charge our clients a one time fixed fee, which clients can spread over 12 months interests free. This enables our clients to know exactly what they’re going to pay and what they paying for from onset of their case, get rid off the stage. This guarantees that you won’t waste legal fees with no good outcome as it happens with traditional hourly rates firms. View our fees

We speak in a Language you will understand

From the moment you call us, you will see the difference in how we communicate with our clients – in easy to understand terms without all of the legal jargon. We pride ourselves in how we break everything down for our clients in both the process and the costs so you know exactly where you stand.

We Stand Out from the Crowd

We are a new breed of law firm created for one reason; to simplify the legal process and charge you a fair and transparent outcome based price. From the outset, we will tell you what is going to happen, stage by stage, how we are going to progress and resolve your case and what we are going to charge you for doing so. Our solicitors are targeted to resolve your case, not to bill hours.

We Care

All of our team are passionate about what they do, and are there to support you throughout what are normally incredibly difficult circumstances for our clients. We are here to guide you and resolve your matter. We are not focused on hours – instead, we are focused on achieving the best outcome for you and your family.

When your case involves your children and those closest to your heart, it’s crucial to have confidence that your legal team is handling your situation with the utmost care and diligence.

Our team specialises in children’s law and family resolutions. We understand all aspects of the family court system and our solicitors will guide you every step of the way to make sure that you understand each of the steps we will go through in order to get you and your family the best out come.

We’re here to offer you a fixed-fee, practical, and personalised advice service to support you and your family from beginning to end.

“The advice and turnaround time provided was excellent.”

Take a look at what our clients say:

Frequently Asked Questions about Family Law

Child law, often referred to as family law related to children, is a legal area that deals with issues involving minors (individuals under the age of 18) and their rights, responsibilities, and well-being within a family context. Here’s a simplified explanation:

Child law includes:

  1. Custody and Visitation: Determining who a child will live with (custody) and when they will spend time with the other parent (visitation).
  2. Child Support: Ensuring that both parents financially support their child, including expenses like education, healthcare, and everyday living costs.
  3. Child Protection: Protecting children from neglect or abuse and, if necessary, placing them in a safe environment.
  4. Adoption: The legal process of creating a new parent-child relationship between a child and an adoptive parent.
  5. Guardianship: Appointing a legal guardian to care for a child when the parents cannot do so, often due to incapacity or other reasons.
  6. Paternity: Establishing the legal father of a child, which can impact rights and responsibilities, including child support and visitation.
  7. Emancipation: The process through which a minor becomes legally independent of their parents, often due to achieving a certain age or circumstances.
  8. Education Rights: Ensuring that children have access to a proper education, including issues related to special needs and schooling.

If you and your partner have decided to file for divorce or dissolution and you have children, it’s essential to gain advice from a specialist child law solicitor at the earliest opportunity. We will always prioritise the needs of your children within a dispute. Starting from your first appointment and continuing throughout the divorce process, we will provide strategic advice and on-going support to ensure that they are receiving adequate care and their health and safety is not at risk.

What happens if we cannot reach agreement about the children?

The Courts will not normally get involved with the arrangements for the children and only do so where there is an issue relating to the protection of your children or if the parents are unable to reach agreement on an important aspect of their child’s upbringing. If this is the case, the Court will always act in the children’s best interests. Your dedicated child law solicitor will be able to provide guidance and representation through this process in order to ensure your specific needs are taken into account.

If you and your partner cannot reach an agreement regarding your children through mediation, the court will issue an order that establishes their living arrangements post-divorce. The most common court orders in child law cases are:

  • Child Arrangement Orders
  • Child Arrangement Orders are issued when the court reaches a decision regarding where your child will live, when your child spends time with either parent and what kind of contact e.g. phone calls, are allowed to take place with the parent who is not caring for the child.
  • Specific Issue Orders
  • Specific Issue Orders can be used if you have specific requirements regarding the child’s upbringing, such as which school they go to or what religious education they receive.
  • Prohibited Steps Orders
  • A Prohibited Steps order can be put in place to stop the other parent from making decisions regarding the child’s upbringing without consultation.

Parental Responsibility means the legal rights, duties, and authority a parent has over their child’s upbringing. Important decisions about the child’s life need agreement from all parties with parental responsibility. Usually, the birth mother automatically has parental responsibility. If the father wasn’t married to the mother when the child was born, they don’t automatically have it unless their name is on the child’s birth certificate. If you want parental responsibility, for instance, if you’ve been acting as a child’s father and are now married to the mother, you can apply through the courts. Our child solicitors can help answer all of your questions about this process.

If your partner takes your child out of the country without your permission, it’s considered a serious crime, like child abduction. Contact the police right away. They might issue a court order called a Port Alert to stop your partner from leaving with your child. If you think your child is already abroad, reach out to our child law experts. This is a complicated legal issue, but we’ll do everything needed to keep your child safe.


Take control of your future and book a consultation with us today

0330 175 7600