Home » Complaints Policy

Complaints Handling Policy

Step 1

Detail your complaint in writing and send the complaint to complaints@perducolaw.com, its important that you clearly explain the firms / solicitors conduct that you’re unhappy with and give specific examples with dates, times and any evidence  you have in support, you may wish to use the attached ‘Client Complaint Form’.

Step 2

We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint on the same day, and it will be allocated to a member of the team within five working days. Should the complaint handler require further information they will contact you directly. They will then complete a thorough investigation and provide a written response addressing the issue(s) raised within 8 weeks of the date of acknowledgement. If it is possible to reach a mutually acceptable resolution to your complaint, we will do so.

What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint

If at the end of the eight week period, you have not received a satisfactory response and remain dissatisfied, you can refer the matter to the Legal Ombudsman who can consider your complaint.

The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

Within six months of receiving our final response to your complaint and
• No more than one year from the date of the act or omission being complained about; or
• No more than one year from the date when you should reasonably have known that there was cause for complaint.

For more information about the Legal Ombudsman contact:

Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9.00 to 17.00.
Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

Complaints About Fees

If you are dissatisfied with our bill, you have the right to apply to the High Court for an assessment of our charges by an Officer of the Court under ss. 70, 71 and 72 of the Solicitors Act 1974. We hope that before making such an application you would first use our complaints procedure explained above.

Complaints about Misconduct

If you have any concerns about our conduct or breach of the SRA Code or Conduct, you can also contact our regulatory body, the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Their details are:

The Solicitors Regulation Authority

The Cube
Wharfside Street
B1 1RN
0370 606 2555