What is financial settlement in divorce?
A financial settlement is an agreement between you and the other party designed to sort out any and all financial issues. Furthermore, a financial settlement will fairly separate your assets once your marriage is over.What can a financial settlement include?A financial settlement can include:
- Money, including your savings, pensions, investments and any life insurance policies,
- Property and the contents of your household, including personal items (if valued at over £500, they must be disclosed)
- Debts, loans and credit cards
Our experts can advise on the right approach to take for your situation.
How do I deal with financial matters if these have not been agreed during the divorce process?
When a divorce application has been field at court, either you or your spouse can make an application to the court for a financial order. The Orders available include:
- Periodical payments (maintenance);
- Lump sum orders;
- Orders that alter the ownership of a property; and
- Orders dealing with pensions.
How can our Family Finance Solicitors help you
Why Choose Perduco To Represent You?
- We specialise in Children & Family Law
- We operate on an outcome based billing model
- We communicate transparently and understandingly
- We stand out from the crowd by simplifying our legal process
- Above all, we care. We are focused on achieving the best outcome for you and your family, to get back to what is most important.